Have you ever been to an opera? Alex and I are going to see La Traviata tonight, and I'm super excited! To me, going to the opera seems like such a big deal, even if we're not going on opening night. I'll be wearing something like this...
1. A semi-sheer blouse, which is always romantic and pretty
2. Straight-leg ankle pants in a bright color, since it's a cool, winter tonight
3. Black ankle boots that are comfortable enough for walking to and from the parking lot
4. A pair of sparkly earrings (of course!)
5. A pretty lip stain for a sheer, but deep, color (and easy application!).
6. A dainty minaudière, for carrying only the essentials
7. A fabulous topper coat, to keep me warm without ruining my outfit!
Have you ever been to an opera? Do you have a favorite one?
I love the idea of wearing a fitted dress that has
a longer hem. It’s incredibly figure flattering, but the fact that the dress
hits just past the knee makes it appropriate for so many more occasions (can’t
you just picture wearing one on a romantic dinner date or out shopping with
friends?). The other week I came across this little number (in red!) at ASOS and I
quickly snatched it up! I can't wait to wear it this spring and summer
with fun wedges (and maybe a big sun hat!).